Jeffrey M. Schroder
Jeff has been in practice for more than 12 years, and he focuses his talents on criminal defense and family law litigation.
Jeff grew up in a mix of rural and suburban communities including: Charlotte, Bellevue, Vermontville, Battle Creek, and a suburb of Philadelphia. Jeff graduated from Marshall High School in 1989.
Jeff entered the United States Navy Reserve and served as a Hospital Corpsman. He practiced emergency medicine, combat medicine, nursing and medical administration. Jeff has served at the Naval Hospitals in San Diego, Chicago, and Newport. He also served with the United States Marine Corps and the Naval Investigation Service.
Jeff’s undergraduate education has included:
- Kellogg Community College: A.S. degree majoring in Psychology and Biology;
- Michigan State University: majoring in Psychology; and
- Olivet College: B.A. degree majoring in Psychology and minoring in English.
After obtaining his degree in psychology, Jeff worked as a member of the inpatient psychiatric nursing staff at Fieldstone Center of Battle Creek Health System and at Oaklawn Hospital.
Jeff graduated from Western Michigan University Cooley Law School in 2001 with a focus in litigation and appellate practice, and he graduated in the top ten percent of his class earning several awards for litigation, writing, and appellate practice.
Jeff’s legal career has included:
- Evaluation of claims for a major medical-malpractice insurance company;
- Defense of physicians, hospitals, and auto-insurers as an associate attorney with law firms in St. Clair Shores and Okemos;
- Prosecuting crimes as a member of the St. Joseph County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office and the Calhoun County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office;
- Litigation in private practice specializing in criminal defense, family law, personal injury, and general civil litigation throughout Southwest Michigan.
Jeff and Kymberly married in 2010, and they are very familiar with the day-to-day struggles of the blended family. From parenting time, to custody, to child support, to education, to step-parent issues; Jeff and Kymberly have not only litigated these matters, they have lived them.
Once each semester, Jeff and Kymberly lecture at Western Michigan University about the challenges and rewards of the modern practice of criminal defense and family law, which requires litigation talent in the courtroom and strategic planning outside the courtroom.
If you have been charged with a crime, if you need help or advice involving custody, parenting time, or child support, or if you have been charged with child abuse and neglect, please give us a call. We would be more than happy to provide you with a free consultation. We promise that you will receive the respect and kindness that you deserve.